So I'm taking a design class this semester and it is SO BORING! It's going all the way back to the fundamentals of design that you learn in 3rd grade (well, us artistic pals did anyway). Things like, line, texture and color. So while these things have been on my mind, it reminded me of the tragedy of discovering at a young vulnerable age that you cannot indeed make the color red by mixing any other colors together. (Red being my favorite color, I always used it up the quickest and needed to make more) I asked my mom or dad how to do it and they told me IT CANT BE DONE! IMPOSSIBLE! I swear I was in denial for like weeks. It took such a long time to sink in. Its just that its such a perfect color, not to be able to recreate it was painful to my probably 6 or 7 year old self. So those of you un-artists who could care less ask yourselves, so what? WELL, Ill tell you. well, actually, i don't really know, but it was very traumatic. The End.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
The BIG RED Letdown
So I'm taking a design class this semester and it is SO BORING! It's going all the way back to the fundamentals of design that you learn in 3rd grade (well, us artistic pals did anyway). Things like, line, texture and color. So while these things have been on my mind, it reminded me of the tragedy of discovering at a young vulnerable age that you cannot indeed make the color red by mixing any other colors together. (Red being my favorite color, I always used it up the quickest and needed to make more) I asked my mom or dad how to do it and they told me IT CANT BE DONE! IMPOSSIBLE! I swear I was in denial for like weeks. It took such a long time to sink in. Its just that its such a perfect color, not to be able to recreate it was painful to my probably 6 or 7 year old self. So those of you un-artists who could care less ask yourselves, so what? WELL, Ill tell you. well, actually, i don't really know, but it was very traumatic. The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That made me laugh. Too bad your class is a bore.
NO Kidding I too love red! maybe I used it all while you weren't looking:0 maybe? Love you
Post a Comment