Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some days are just Los Hermanos days...

Ben and I went snowboarding with the Ruckers this last Monday to get one last run of the season. It was warm and sunny and held all the potential to be a great ski day. I have a love hate relationship with snowboarding. It is either an amazing day or just miserable usually depending on the conditions. Monday was sunny so the snow was slushy and soft, but a little tricky to navigate despite my 10+ years of boarding. Needless to say, I biffed it, BAD! Caught my front edge when I wasnt really paying attention and flew through the air in slo-mo. Such a weird feeling. Then SLAM, right into the not-so-soft-now snow face first. I couldnt have been going very fast, anyone that has skied with me knows im a slow poke, but it completely knocked the wind out of me and I just had to lie there for a while before I could even breathe. I checked all my limbs and could tell nothing was broken, so that was good. Just some minor cuts from the ice and a major case of whiplash that I would really feel in the morning. Luckily Ryan saw me fall and came to my rescue, Ben had already moved on to "whiter" pastures by that time.
After skiing, we picked Rylee up from Grandpa and Grandma Taylors and visited for a bit while the soreness got comfy in my bones. By the time we headed home I knew it needed to be a Los Hermanos day. Mexican food is my ultimate comfort food, it can make anything better. Plus Rylee adores guacamole, (probably cause I lived on it while pregnant with her?). Not that Los Hermanos is my favorite mex place, I just dont have anywhere better to get the job done. It has to be greasy, it has to be cheesy, it has to be BIG, and it has to be GOOOD!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You would LOVE The Red Iguana in SLC! We went there a week ago with Sommer's parents and it was sooooo goood! Have you ever had Mole? I am a fan, and their mole is awesome. Our absolute favorite Mexican place is in Park City. It's called Loco Lizard - the first place I discovered mole.