Well, we did it! We officially kept Rylee alive and mostly uninjured for one whole year! Anyone who has kids knows what a feat this is! No stitches, no broken bones, etc. Yey for mom and dad!We had a fun party for her with all the family and some friends. Rylee is such a happy girl normally, but shes got some teeth coming in and wasnt that happiest camper at her party. Ben really wanted to have a "surprise" party for her, so when she woke up from her nap we had her walk downstairs to a house full of guests. Naturally she immediately started crying, it was really cute and sad :) I had to get this picture the next day after a good nap!

This is her monkey friend Ben and I got her to switch her affections to so we can begin taking her binki away. Any suggestions? Cold turkey vs slow and steady?

Here the only picture I got of her cake, it was a butterfly, chocolate cream cheese YUM!

This is how she was most of the night, pretty sad.

Here are some of the decorations Ben and I put up for her big day. It was a lot of fun preparing for it!
2 comments:
I consider my self the mother of the king binki sucker (Andrew). He was almost 3 by the time I took it away. He was so attached to it, and it was hard for me. But one day I just took it away and threw it across the room and said "No binki!" He thought it was so funny and followed suit. Then I threw it away when he wasn't looking. Cold turkey. It went a lot better than I thought it would. He hardly even complained.
Getting rid of the binki is usually harder for the parents the baby. We told both our kids that they were going to throw their own binkis away the next day and they both did (with much praise and a gift from us). We had hardly any complaints about it afterwards. One or two nights of fussing before bed (binkis were just in the crib before we nixed them all-toether). Definitely better cold turkey than gradual weaning. After one or two grumpy days even the most orally-fixated kids I know have been just fine.
Post a Comment