Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Adventures of Ben Taylor (and other short stories)

So Ben and I finally decided to put down some of his better stories before he forgets them. Each Sunday we will try to get one written down and I will publish it here to share with you all.

The Polish Truck Driver

While hitchhiking out to Reno, I was picked up by an illegal Polish immigrant from Chicago in my very first big rig ride. I was totally excited for at least 1-2 hrs being in a big rig, seeing the high view of the road, all the controls, etc… The guy had a fake plastic flower in the middle of the two seats and a bed in the back. One of the best trips I remember. I got to watch this guys favorite polish movie. It had English subtitles but was in polish. The movie was about two guys that crash their space shuttle on a world that only has girls. They are confused but really excited about all the women until the leader of the women decides that the men must be castrated. The main story is the men trying to escape their castration and the final climax of the movie is when you find out that the leader of the women is actually a transvestite. The movie made the time go by very quickly. The guy also introduced me to Polish Folk music that to this day I have not been able to find. The music was amazing with women folk singers in polish; I wish I had paid for the guys CD. Was dropped off in Carson City where Shera drove down to pick me up. I felt bad later when I realized how far Shera had to drive to get me in the middle of the night.

No comments: