Poor little Ry has had a rough month. It seems like she has gotten into a really clumsy stage and every possible way she can hurt herself she does. She fell at my parents house and scraped her forehead, then on the way home she tripped on the sidewalk and scraped her chin. The next day I let her get on our neighbors tramp and she ran over the edge and fell on her head, hence the staples, the a couple days later she twisted her ankle going down a slide and couldnt walk on it for the whole night! She just kept falling over like a drunkard. Yesterday she was walking into a store with me and tripped on the threshold and scraped her cheek and got a huge goose egg on her forehead. So my kid seriously looks like a punching bag. Is this normal!?!? Ben and I have really put the brakes on any suspicious activities, buckling her in everywhere there's the option, trying not to let her climb on anything and making her always sit on her bum. Its so tough with a toddler though! They are so curious and just want to explore everything! Ben is 100X's more paranoid than I am so whenever she gets hurt on my watch (always) I never look forward to telling him what happened! :)
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Poor Little Borken Face
Poor little Ry has had a rough month. It seems like she has gotten into a really clumsy stage and every possible way she can hurt herself she does. She fell at my parents house and scraped her forehead, then on the way home she tripped on the sidewalk and scraped her chin. The next day I let her get on our neighbors tramp and she ran over the edge and fell on her head, hence the staples, the a couple days later she twisted her ankle going down a slide and couldnt walk on it for the whole night! She just kept falling over like a drunkard. Yesterday she was walking into a store with me and tripped on the threshold and scraped her cheek and got a huge goose egg on her forehead. So my kid seriously looks like a punching bag. Is this normal!?!? Ben and I have really put the brakes on any suspicious activities, buckling her in everywhere there's the option, trying not to let her climb on anything and making her always sit on her bum. Its so tough with a toddler though! They are so curious and just want to explore everything! Ben is 100X's more paranoid than I am so whenever she gets hurt on my watch (always) I never look forward to telling him what happened! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If I didn't have kids I would wonder if she could have an inner ear or other balance related issue, but I can recall so many similar things with Andrew and Belle (usually not clustered quite so much together- but more than I wanted to see), that I'm inclined to say it's just par for the course. It's so fortunate that toddlers are short to the ground, because they sure take a lot of falls.
Post a Comment