Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Family room Remodle

When Ben and I moved into our new house the colors I chose in furniture and paint were all pretty neutral and after living in it for a couple years I really needed something to give it a little color and umph! Now you may be wondering why the next fitty posts are about Heidi, but hey, she is my BFF and in town for the summer so we just did a lot! So since Heidi is in town and mrs super idea lady, I had her give me some help with making the changes. Pretty much everything she suggested I ended up doing and Im really pleased with the results. So here's the before and after

Before: Neutral walls and carpet, furniture black & brown.

















People can never believe there really was carpet going all the way through the dining room before, needless to say that was the first thing we did moving in was rip it all out and put in tile.

















After: Hung teal curtains on patio door windows.













Reupholstered my ugly brown chair with a cute apple green pattern. Added screen in back but may paint and move up to master.













Added batton & board on wall behind couch. Painted above wall teal and made shelf to set pictures on. Still need to sew pillows for couch & thinking of adding vinyl behind television, but all in all its come a long way! THANKS HEIDI!



















Seeing it all put together.







2 comments:

Jake and Mal said...

so cute Shera! I love the board and batten! and aqua accents :)

Jill Taylor said...

Looks good. I like the cool colors.