Today is the 2nd day of training, I was able to talk Dawn into trading kids so that I could get a break and Rylee could get someone new and exciting to help encourage her to pee in the potty. Dawn came at 8am and began the vigil while I took her kids back to their house. I also volunteered to watch a friends kid who is having a difficult pregnancy, so I was so grateful for Dawn to come and help with the training while I watched all the kids. Rylee did really well again with all her training and practices, but just wouldn’t pee. Dawn knew she needed to go because she would try to sneak into corners unnoticed, to no avail Dawn; was on her like a hawk! But by the time 3 hours, 2 juice boxes & 1 sippy rolled by and still no pee, I was starting to get really concerned about my child’s bladder. Dawn called me and confessed she has never met a will as stubborn as Rylee and said she should be an Olympian for holding her pee. So at this point Im super stressing. I do the only thing I can think of, get down on my knees and beg for her to be able to relax enough just to go and have one positive experience. Sure enough, not 5 minutes later Dawn calls me with the big success. WOW I was just so grateful I was in tears! Heavenly Father really does listen to us and cares so much about our little heartbreakes. He immediately answered my prayer today and Rylee was just glowing, she was so proud of herself! Apparently after her 40 minute sit-in, she told Dawn she wanted that ball (a reward for going potty) and Dawn told her she could have it as soon as she goes pee on the potty. Rylee says, and I quote, “Ok”. Turns around, climbs up, pulls down her pants and proceeds to pee into the potty like shes been doin it her whole life! No big deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment