Sunday, May 24, 2009
Art Lessons
As Ben and I have been contemplating getting more room for our growing family, Ive been thinking of all the possibilities of having space again. One of the things that I cant get out of my head is teaching art lessons to children (6-12). Like a little neighborhood thing. Ive been planning and plotting, thinking of how I would go about teaching young children about art, introducing them to various artists, their subsequent styles, and what projects we would do together. I think it would even be fun to do private lessons for kids with a real aptitude that want to really learn the concepts and techniques. Id love to get ideas and suggestions if anyone knows fun projects or fun ways to teach young children even. Im really excited about this idea and want to flesh it out as much as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that's a great idea. My boss at the day care did lots of neat art projects with the kids. Kids really like different textures (gluing on beads, macaroni, gooey paints that they can smear on the page, glitter...lots of glitter) They made some really cute pictures.
Shera, if you need ideas for lesson plans let me know, My degree is in art education. I plan on having some summer camps this summer as well, I will be in Maine fore three weeks though. Anyway call me.
Post a Comment