Saturday, August 29, 2009

Swollen Hands

So lately I've been a little whiny about waking up in the morning to swollen sore hands that I can't bend. I've had such a laid back pregnancy that I can focus on the little things and try to make them a bigger deal you see.

So I did some research online to see if this is a normal pregnancy thing or if I'm developing rheumatoid arthritis early or what. What I found made me laugh and I'd thought it was post worthy. Apparently some women get swelling so bad in the mornings with pregnancy that they have to manually bend their fingers out of a claw position. They say that it is extremely painful and that the pain usually lasts all day. This is due to water retention in the joints that cause the pain and swelling.

Now I'm not feeling so sorry for myself and considering myself luck especially compared to this individual (not me promise!) I'll have to see if I can find something else better. I only have 4 weeks left though and everyone told me the last month will be the hardest, so here we go! Lets get this thing done!

1 comment:

Serge said...

We are so relieved to read that the picture was not of one of your hands.