Sunday, October 25, 2009

RYLEE SLEPT!

Yesterday was Ben's last day of work for the week and so last night was his turn to wake up with her and feed/change/swaddle/put back to bed etc. WELL...of coarse last night Rylee decided to sleep through the night for the first time! We put her down at 11 and she didn't wake until 7:30. I was bugged especially since the night before I was up with her for hours while she fussed. Oh well, I'm sure shell get back to her normal wakings again, but the break was so nice! She is such a sweetheart and we are really growing attached to her. We decided she can stay.

On another note: today we took Rylee to sacrament meeting so we could both go, but we went late (just in time to hear the bishops repremands on coming late) and I left early durring the closing hymn. I don't know if Im being paranoid becuase our other friend in the ward who had her baby a couple days before us takes her baby to church, but I am so worried about her getting sick with something serious. And it doesnt help when the doctors are encouraging you to keep her home as much as possible. (He even said dont take her to church!) I think normally I would only be careful but with all the flu going around I feel super protective. Do I need to chill out?

6 comments:

Homeschool Mamma said...

No... you're not too protective. People don't give babies the type of space that they give adults, and at church where people are constantly shaking hands germs can be spread. It's fine to take her to church, but I'd leave her in her car seat with a blanket thrown over. That will still let you guys get out, but will keep her safe. Ryan just stood over Amy like a bulldog so people never came TOO close initially... otherwise, I think she would've been mobbed.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

That's always the way it is, your husband just gets super lucky and barely has to do anything and then they're like, 'taking care of the baby isn't that hard!' You probably woke up anyways at the time you were expecting her to.

Aaron & Megan said...

NO, don't chill out. With all the bad illnesses this year, I don't think that you can be over protective. I am worried about all my kids this year, and they are not newborns. I would follow the doctor's orders. The last thing you want is H1N1.

Jody said...

Hey Shera! I'm glad I found your blog. And no, you're definitely not being over protective. Especially at this time of year! We didn't take Keaton to church until he was almost 5 weeks old, and that was only to sacrament and in the summertime. Even then, I was nervous about it. Heck, I'm still nervous about it and he's almost 6 months now. Take your time and don't feel pressured. Although, we do miss seeing you... :)

Jenny said...

I think it's smart to avoid Church for a little while. Young babies can have a really tough time with the flu, plus it is airborne and spread by coughing as well as handshakes et cetera. The activity levels for the H1N1 are really high now all over the country, so I would keep her home most of the time.

AMiller said...

Shera,

I just found your blog. How fun.

You aren't over protective. I am probably too lax with my kids, but I am pretty freaked out about how sick so many people are. Just keep her covered and you should be alright.